• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi!

Ladylola

3 Year Member
Hello everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself, since I will probably be on here ALOT as I am a new T enthusiast. I am from Colorado, USA, and bought my first T about 3 months ago. They're somewhat addicting, like tattoos, hahaha. I now have 5! I have 3 slings, a B. smithi, a G. pulchra, and an A. versicolor. As well as an adult B. smithi and an Avic avic (my first) I can't believe how attached I've gotten to all of them so quickly. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions to come, and look forward to learning all about this hobby!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi, welcome to the addiction. I'm sure you'll soon have many more.

SasyStace

3 Year Member
Welcome LadyLola! They're deff. addicting- I am currently waiting on my 5th delivery OBT sling and of course I cannot have an odd number of T's so I will be doing another purchase in about a week. You're off to a great start!

Ladylola

3 Year Member
Hi! I was actually wondering if anyone could suggest a good site to order from? Mine so far have been locally purchased or adopted. Which is great, cause I have them right away! Lol. But that also means I haven't had very many to choose from.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi! I was actually wondering if anyone could suggest a good site to order from? Mine so far have been locally purchased or adopted. Which is great, cause I have them right away! Lol. But that also means I haven't had very many to choose from.
Welcome :) And as far as sites, there's Swifts invertebrates, netbug, kenthebugguy,petcenterusa,stamps tarantulas,jaimies tarantulas,the classifieds here, at arachnoboards, and at tarantulas us. There's more but those are the ones I can think of. You'll often find the best deals in the forum classifieds, and you can also find reviews on the sellers in the forums somewhere. Just be careful and only buy from people with good reviews. Hope this helps, and I like the tattoo :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome aboard! You have jumped right in with 5 T's. I always believe the hobby is much more interesting after 50. :T:
Denny Dee I noticed you have an S hoffmani...how are they? I've been interested in that spider for awhile..Do they stay burrowed, or show themselves? I've heard they're pretty calm as well. Any comments on the species?

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Denny Dee I noticed you have an S hoffmani...how are they? I've been interested in that spider for awhile..Do they stay burrowed, or show themselves? I've heard they're pretty calm as well. Any comments on the species?
Started as a sling. Can't tell yet whether I have a male or female. Terrestrial burrower. I don't see her (assuming a her at this point) very often but when I do she is gorgeous. Very unique looking species and a great addition to the collection.

So, can't answer temperament questions for you but definitely not a handler as there is suspicion that the venom is quite potent if you were to get tagged. Cooler species as they can be comfortable in the high 60's.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Started as a sling. Can't tell yet whether I have a male or female. Terrestrial burrower. I don't see her (assuming a her at this point) very often but when I do she is gorgeous. Very unique looking species and a great addition to the collection.

So, can't answer temperament questions for you but definitely not a handler as there is suspicion that the venom is quite potent if you were to get tagged. Cooler species as they can be comfortable in the high 60's.
Excellent..the venom thing is very interesting. Unique species. Only one with a horn in South America. A must have :)

Latest posts