• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi

Williams77

Hello Everyone, my name's Is J I'm new here. I like Reptiles mostly had many different kinds. Looking for 2 kinds of Tarantulas not for me I've only ever had 1 in my life a Grammostola rosea, My Father is a Tarantula Collector tho he had a lot of them over the years. But only 1 he's never been able to get fully Grown. I will post them soon. In the process of moving some time this year or early next year. Look forward to networking with you all and doing Good Business with Breeders available on this site. I will not post the names of the Tarantulas I am trying to buy until about mid May 2024 or After June 21, 2024 as I live in Philadelphia, Pa and it's Fall soon to be winter and I've had about two instances with Tarantulas I've gotten for him dieing in the past so say it was the company I got from Backwaterrepiles but the company says it was due to the temperature I believe I ordered sometime in April I don't know the true cause but I will say I've order 2 Lizards from Backwaterrepiles and they didn't die and I believe it was close to Spring when I did that order as well. But I any case I've learned a little and I'm still learning, I believe no pet should suffer death due to someones negligence breeders put time and money into their animals to be healthy, and also no one should be selling sick pets either. With that said I hope everyone is doing well and that's my introduction people. Have a Great rest of the Year Everyone.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome. :)
Check out our vendor reviews section for reputable sellers.

Lentulus

3 Year Member
Welcome to the community! I agree with what has been said in that there is a great network of available breeders/dealers here.

Black water reptiles has a terrible reputation and is known for cheap prices and sick animals. They are cheap because it’s a network of anonymous sellers. Sometimes you get what you paid for, sometimes you don’t. A Google search of “Black Water Reptiles scams“ will display an insane amount of complaints about sick animals, wrong animals, and no animals being delivered. Many complaints about them not honoring their LAG without having to contact their own personal bank to force a refund. Black Water has no animals for sale, you pay them and they forward your info to a 3rd party who may or may not be honest.

AVOID BLACK WATER REPTILE!

Forgive the rant, I just want people reading your thread to know them for what they are.

You will appreciate the passion and level of care people put into their collections here. I think the difference will be clear. Happy hunting! :T::beer::T::beer:

Williams77

Thank you, and about 10 years ago I never thought to look up the sites & places that I've bought my pets from I just looked to see who had what I was looking for and got it. Thankfully the amount of sick or dieing pets I encountered was enough to count one had, that doesn't excuse anything nor did I enjoy the experience, I'm sure companies know they have horrible reviews and sick animals, someone has to looking at their ratings in these stores. For selling animals in such poor health conditions those stores/companies should be either closed down and if that doesn't happen then the next best thing which it to inform those potential customers about the place they where going to business with and the Quality of their stock. It is because of people like you who give Reviews on their experience with companies that help other people to know who to stay away from. And I know I'm am probably vary late but as of 2020 I started looking places I get new pets from and I've checked backwater on BBB, Reddit, and other sites Honestly I'm Disgusted with what I saw in the Reviews, tho I didn't receive one as I said earlier I feel for those who did. I would say just as you stated. Stay Away From Them, Who wants to spend hard earned money on a Gamble of if you pet will be live or not.
Welcome to the community! I agree with what has been said in that there is a great network of available breeders/dealers here.

Black water reptiles has a terrible reputation and is known for cheap prices and sick animals. They are cheap because it’s a network of anonymous sellers. Sometimes you get what you paid for, sometimes you don’t. A Google search of “Black Water Reptiles scams“ will display an insane amount of complaints about sick animals, wrong animals, and no animals being delivered. Many complaints about them not honoring their LAG without having to contact their own personal bank to force a refund. Black Water has no animals for sale, you pay them and they forward your info to a 3rd party who may or may not be honest.

AVOID BLACK WATER REPTILE!

Forgive the rant, I just want people reading your thread to know them for what they are.

You will appreciate the passion and level of care people put into their collections here. I think the difference will be clear. Happy huntin