• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi from Sheffield UK

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So i had to retract my current statement as i was not looking at the initial picture posted. That is a Brachypelma schroederi. It is the only brachypelma species that is pretty much solid black in color. There have been variants of color on the carapace with each molt (partial brown/black) but that is definitely a schroederi. She is a beautiful girl and you are very fortunate to have her. Very expensive brachypelma here in the US, lol. I have owned quite a few adult breeding pairs, juvies and slings.

Last edited:

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
While mine is not that large. Here is a picture of my B. schroederi for reference if it helps.

IMG_20180816_135146_619.jpg

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thats a schroederi 100%. See the color variant of the carapace? Brownish/black. As they get older the black eventually takes up all/most of the space on the carapace leaving very little remnants to none of the lighter color. :)

Latest posts