• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi Everyone!

Bex

Good Evening All!

I am brand new to the hobby, but I've loved creepy crawlies all my life. I currently am the brand new owner of a Ghost Mantis named Reaper Man (yes, like the Mother, Mother song) and a Jumping Spider named Bracken (yes, like the creature from Lethal Company), but I can already tell that I'm going to end up branching out into other bugs when I have the space, which will hopefully be soon!

I've always loved spiders, ever since I was a kid- even when I was a little bit afraid of them. Bracken is a VERY new addition- I literally got him yesterday, but I've been researching for months and I'm already totally smitten. Very glad to be living the dream I had as a little kid; except instead of jars with sticks and being told to go put the bugs back outside, I can give them neat enclosures and watch them hunt all I want.

I'm really looking forward to learning more about spiders here and seeing what all of you have to say. I'm super excited to be starting out as an invert owner!

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello Bex welcome to the forum & the hobby. A mantid & a jumper are a great way to get into the hobby. Have a look at the Giant Asian Mantis. (Hierodula membranacea.) They grow to an impressive size.

Bex

Hello Bex welcome to the forum & the hobby. A mantid & a jumper are a great way to get into the hobby. Have a look at the Giant Asian Mantis. (Hierodula membranacea.) They grow to an impressive size.
Oh, I've heard good things about those! I do have a large enclosure I'm itching to use, and I am trying to persuade my wife to join me in the keeping of little critters, so I'll pass that suggestion along to her as well!