• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey need some help

Arachnerd

3 Year Member
Hey guys my suntiger seems to be excreting some kind of fluid from its mouth I was wondering if this is a bad thing or just getting rid of extra venom? He also isnt active or moving when I touch or squeeze his deli cup. He ate last night tho so i dont think anything is wrong? Here is a picture

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
Hmm could it be a water drop he is drinking? Could also venom dripping a bit. You say he ate last night, and from the pictures he looks healthy. I wouldn't worry.

Arachnerd

3 Year Member
Thanks for your help guys I really appreciate the input. After researching this a bit further I found that they can collect water droplets and drink from them if they get thirsty and thats what this might be. I just looked at him again and found that after about 3 hours the droplet was gone. I am sure he is fine but ill keep an eye on him and see whats up.

Arachnerd

3 Year Member
I also read that they do this as well either way Im confident he is fine now he has been moving around and stuff thanks for the help guys!