• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey... from Germany

Tomb Spider

Hello,
I just started to get into the hobby. Even though I wanted to get spiders for several years now, and two years ago bought a big enclosure for a big spider
(I wanted either T. stirmi or Xenesthis Immanis) I had now the passion to get started...

I keep a X.I. female (~4-4,5cm body) now for some weeks and last week I got me 3 t. stirmi slings (2. nymph mold).
Next week Iam going to get a group of 5 M. Balfouri's (~2,5cm) and a P. Cambridgei (subadult).
Then I have some enough spiders for the next weeks...

On thing, that is going on here in germany is the possible prohibition to keep exotic animals as like spiders or reptiles.
So maybe it was the last chance to get into the hobby or nonsense green brainwash ideologies/idiocracy won't get through with that.

Here the big exo terra (90x45x30cm) with the Xenesthis, my first spider. :T:
She's a very nice behaved girl I can tell about her.

1x.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Here on gimmick I really like... I got lara croft on the site. You can already tell by my alias I am a lara croft fan...

lara babe.jpg

Hope to have great times with the spiders and you people out there. cheers... :beer:

Jeef

3 Year Member
Greetings and welcome aboard!

My X. immanis is pretty skittish. It never turns down food, but it almost never comes out of it's burrow and hides at the drop of a hat when it is out. Mine is around 6 or 7 cm. Is that what yours is like as well?

Love the Laura Croft as well! I'm so used to seeing people use skulls. It is a nice switch.

Tomb Spider

Greetings and welcome aboard!

My X. immanis is pretty skittish. It never turns down food, but it almost never comes out of it's burrow and hides at the drop of a hat when it is out. Mine is around 6 or 7 cm. Is that what yours is like as well?

Love the Laura Croft as well! I'm so used to seeing people use skulls. It is a nice switch.
Thanks for the welcome!
She keeps hidden for the most time since I have her, as soon as the lights turn on she will move to her burrow, if she even shows up. 2 days ago she spun a layer of silk on the moss. I was said, she will molt soon (dark abdomen), so I don't know if it's that why she is so hideous. She's about 4 or 5cm in body length, and as long as I have her (several weeks) she didn't eat, I hope it's for the same reason. Of course I don't offer her food in face of a molt going on soon.

Tomb Spider

Ow, I can't edit my previous post. anyway...

"Love the Laura Croft as well! I'm so used to seeing people use skulls. It is a nice switch."
exactly my thoughts as well.
I will decorate my terra's a with other characters like
a model car from the comic classic "tintin" and I also got some model tanks in 1:43 scale for the next enclosures.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So do you think this exotic pet prohibition initiative will succeed? It is my understanding that Germany has a number of tarantula breeding operations.

Tomb Spider

Its even worse. It would be even an EU-wide thing... one of germanys green party ministers who wants to bring on to ban keepings exotic pets in whole EU. I really hope this won't happen...

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Its even worse. It would be even an EU-wide thing... one of germanys green party ministers who wants to bring on to ban keepings exotic pets in whole EU. I really hope this won't happen...
Yeah, I am doubtful that it would pass. I think too many people have exotic pets.