• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP!!

connerdrummer

3 Year Member
Hey everyone my name is conner and I got into the hobby about a month and a half ago. I got my female chilean rose, "rosie" on december 8th from petco. but she has been an amazing part of my life other than the fact that she doesn't eat lol.(i know she will eventually, she molted very soon after i got her home.) my real query is something that is scaring the crap out of me. I have checked on her every single day and I recently noticed a small white lump on the upper left side of her abdomen. It doesn't look like a mirror patch to me. I have no clue what it is and I REALLY don't want her to die(that's one of the things i've read online) please help me! Here are some pictures to give you an idea of what i'm talking about. shes a beautiful girl, I hope she's okay

thanks
-Conner

FullSizeRender (1).jpg
FullSizeRender (3).jpg
FullSizeRender (4).jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
It's probably a wild caught tarantula. That being said, she could have any number of diseases or parasites. Yet another reason I'm against chain pet stores selling wild caught animals. Best of luck to you and your tarantula.

DVirginiana

3 Year Member
No idea what that could be. Hopefully it'll come out with her next molt. Good luck with her though!

spidey noob

3 Year Member
i agree with hungryghost it most likely a wild caught could be any thing really.
i do have a couple of question four u
1. was this there when u got it
2. is there any strange behaviour
3. is there any other symptoms
4. how do u no its a female ? is this what petco told u !!! or did u sex the moult your self ?

connerdrummer

3 Year Member
i agree with hungryghost it most likely a wild caught could be any thing really. i do have a couple of question four u 1. was this there when u got it 2. is there any strange behaviour 3. is there any other symptoms 4. how do u no its a female ? is this what petco told u !!! or did u sex the moult your self ?

The spot wasn there until after her last molt! shes been digging a lot lately and today she ate for me for the first time haha.no other symptoms that I can tell. I sexed her in every possible way .

Last edited:

Latest posts