• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help!

Pawandinverts

3 Year Member
My Pink toe just molted almost two days ago, I removed the molt and left her alone. I checked on her just now to see how she was doing and she is curled up. I don't think she is dying, I touched her very lightly to see if there is any movement. She moved very slowly. This is my first pinktoe I have owned. I thought maybe it was because of dehydration so I sprayed her cage down. I would hate to see her go. :( Any help?

Attachments

• IMG_0754.JPG
    IMG_0754.JPG
    849.4 KB · Views: 27

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Should I spray her cage at all?

I agree completely with @kormath ... that's not a death curl. It's just nervous.

Also, after molting, they will often stretch out and sit in odd ways as they get used to their new exoskeletons. Just be aware that you may see her in some strange positions.

Does she have a water dish? Personally, I would just dribble some water on the webbing if I was concerned that she might need a drink. Don't be surprised, however, if she doesn't come out of that hide for a bit. Is the hide a paper towel tube? If so, you won't want to get that wet with spraying either.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hey. I would say that she is just stressed like kormath did before me.
But Ts don't always do this because of stress. Some spiders do it for no real reason.
A death curl looks like the cleaning process of the spider. Most legs are tucked unter the sternum or prosoma. It happenes because a spider dries out.
Thats a great link: http://www.peregrinecr.com/postedfiles/Tarantula-DeathCurl-R1.png
just cause it's on the internet doesn't make it true, don't believe that state farm commercial ;)

Nice link though.

Latest posts