• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help needed! New owner

Shelboooobie

3 Year Member
Heyyy I just got a rose hair about a month ago, && the frist few days he was out and about, he made webs all over his hide && now it's been like two weeks since he's actually came out of his hide. He moves around in his hide but he won't come out.?? Is this normal. He's not molting, I know this cuz the people I got him from before said he just molted about a month ago.

Jesusplants

3 Year Member
Ya that doesn't sound to odd, if its still moving around in its hide and accepting food I wouldn't worry. I went almost three months without seeing one of OBTs before.

Oodalolie

3 Year Member
Making webs are always a good sign for your T :) my spiderling molts about every four months or so and my adult rose hair molts about once or twice a year.

newtots

3 Year Member
My rose hair has done the exact same thing...it mixed some substrate with its web and made a wall at one entrance to its hide... it's been about a month now but i checked today and it just seems to be hanging around in there lol.

xray_chic

3 Year Member
My Rose hair HATES moist soil. I just keep a very large flat water dish in with her. If it's moist she will not walk on it. She also carpets the entire cage in web.