• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help me pick my new T!

new2tarantulas

3 Year Member
Ok guys so I am ordering from jamies tarantulas nxt week and there are a few I am interested in and I want peoples opinions. I am looking at the chaco golden knee, Brachypelma vagans, or a Trinidad cheveron. I really want the Trinidad cheveron but I am unsure. I am relatively new to tarantulas, but I have done tons of research. please anyone that owns this species tell me how you keep yours. Also please tell me about venom potency ect. Thanks

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Vagans and Pulchripes are pretty easy. same care as a rose, although the Vagans tend to get nasty.
P.Cambridgei is a completely different T. Fast(very fast) and defensive. Venom potency isn't huge in any of the 3, but the p.cam will cause you a very painful day. pain can last anywhere from 1-8 hours. Nothing that should put you in the hospital, unless you're allergic/have health issues, or have a low pain threshold.

khatchet

3 Year Member
I would suggest the golden knee I have not had it but he says its like the G rosea. They are easy. Im not sure if it does or not but the rosea does fast for long bit of time.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've personally never has problems keeping them alive. No more so than any other .5" sling.

khatchet

3 Year Member
I dont know if you ready for these. But my 3rd was a OBT. They are great eater easy to care for. So that part is all good plus they look amazing. But as you will be told they are mean. But I would say they are wroth it. Note I have only kept tarantula about 9 month.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I dont know if you ready for these. But my 3rd was a OBT. They are great eater easy to care for. So that part is all good plus they look amazing. But as you will be told they are mean. But I would say they are wroth it. Note I have only kept tarantula about 9 month.

OBT are great spiders (I have well over 100 of them.) but their bite is medically significant, and for a keeper that is concerned with venom potency OBT are not a good choice.

khatchet

3 Year Member
Yeah I have never heard anything good about a OBT bite. As you said tho Kenny they and great.