• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP HELP HELP t just laid eggs not ready for this!!!!

Spidro

3 Year Member
Ok so my phormictopis cancerides just laid about a bizzilion eggs what in the heck do i do!?!?!?!?!?! Ive had her for 6 months wasnt expecting this. How small r they when they hatch dont want them to get out i am literally freaking the heck out! CRAZY! Any help suggestions i dont even know what to do.

Spidro

3 Year Member
I called the pet-shop where i got her from. He said its very possible, actually more than likely, she was paired with a mate. Ive had her for 4 months how long is the gestation period? Ive actually been doing a little research on care, i think id look forward to them hatching (y)

Spidro

3 Year Member
Ya i felt myself asking the same question. Ive done a bunch of research and think i have a general knowledge of at least what to do, ive got time i know that haha. Any help from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks for the reply ghost (y)

Spidro

3 Year Member
Ive got this one, i dont want to take a lot while shes still building this thing. She trips out a lot in light. But pretty cool.
uploadfromtaptalk1399331504427.jpg

trailblazin02

3 Year Member
Ive seen some stuff about leaving the sac in for for around 30 days. Then carefully snip it open and see what you have. Either good eggs or rotten black eggs. But around that 30 day Mark is when most start molting in egs with legs stage. I could be wrong so I'd say look into it on YouTube perhaps from a reliable source

Spidro

3 Year Member
Ive seen some stuff about leaving the sac in for for around 30 days. Then carefully snip it open and see what you have. Either good eggs or rotten black eggs. But around that 30 day Mark is when most start molting in egs with legs stage. I could be wrong so I'd say look into it on YouTube perhaps from a reliable source
Ive been watching a few videos on youtube myself. Seems to be what a lot of people are saying 4-5 weeks then see what youve got lol. Exciting.

Spidro

3 Year Member
uploadfromtaptalk1399341358591.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1399341371223.jpg
shes folding up the eggs in a websac now. Tempted to open the door for a better shot. But i guess its a high stress situation i dont want to risk it. I bumped the table she's on by accident and she jumped, so nah lol.