• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help Grammostola SP. Maule Acting weird

TSpiderKeeper2012

3 Year Member
I recently changed my tarantulas bedding to friendly Eco earth. It does not go in its hide or borrow instead its acting weird. Trying to climb the tank and sleeping on the log instead of under it.And it is hyper like its a spider with ADHD
Can someone help me please? I never seen one act like this one

Aint

3 Year Member
It may be just the change. It had gotten used to the ground it had, and you just changed its whole world. Maybe it'll settle down once it gets used to it. If it takes more than a week, go back to what you were using, provided there was nothing wrong with that product.

TSpiderKeeper2012

3 Year Member
It may be just the change. It had gotten used to the ground it had, and you just changed its whole world. Maybe it'll settle down once it gets used to it. If it takes more than a week, go back to what you were using, provided there was nothing wrong with that product.
OK thanks for reply.I cant really change back to other as it was repti bark.And i know that can be dangerous thats why i changed to the most popular eco earth

Meludox

3 Year Member
Great choice changing over the sub. Most tarantulas don't like the large chunks and they don't allow any amount of burrowing. Your T is a Grammostola sp., which usually like their enclosures on the dry side. The substrate probably came out of the bag a little damp so it could be climbing to avoid the moisture. It will settle down soon. :)