• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello!

Ornithian

3 Year Member
Hello everyone!

I'm not really new to owning tarantulas, but am rather new to finding a community to discuss them.

I currently have a female Brazilian Red and White (N. chromatus) and a female Costa Rican Zebra Stripe (A. seemanni). Well, I assume they are female anyway since they are about 10 years old now.

What I'm mostly wondering is, what are their known lifespans? I've read a couple websites stating the A. seemanni live to be around 20 years old, but I can't find a whole lot on the N. chromatus.

Thanks for any information!

SasyStace

3 Year Member
Hello everyone!

I'm not really new to owning tarantulas, but am rather new to finding a community to discuss them.

I currently have a female Brazilian Red and White (N. chromatus) and a female Costa Rican Zebra Stripe (A. seemanni). Well, I assume they are female anyway since they are about 10 years old now.

What I'm mostly wondering is, what are their known lifespans? I've read a couple websites stating the A. seemanni live to be around 20 years old, but I can't find a whole lot on the N. chromatus.

Thanks for any information!

Hello there- welcome to the forum. I believe the life span is not as long with the N. Chromatus but this is one that I do not have in my collection. I did find this link- maybe it will help. http://tarantulahub.blogspot.com/2013/01/nhandu-chromatus-brazilian-red-white.html

I hope that helps

Nicolas C

3 Year Member

The age mentioned on your link is unfortunately wrong: 3-4 years longevity? No way! Mine is already five years old, and perfectly happy. In captivity, expect a lifespan of around 15 years at least, I would say. N chromatus is a beautiful sp. I prefer their look than the look of A geniculata because of the white cephalothorax, but chromatus is more secretive...

SasyStace

3 Year Member
The age mentioned on your link is unfortunately wrong: 3-4 years longevity? No way! Mine is already five years old, and perfectly happy. In captivity, expect a lifespan of around 15 years at least, I would say. N chromatus is a beautiful sp. I prefer their look than the look of A geniculata because of the white cephalothorax, but chromatus is more secretive...
Not my link, and I never claimed it was accurate. Thanks

SasyStace

3 Year Member
You're right, sorry, I didn't want to imply it was yours (my english isn't always accurate!), but that the one who wrote the link you gave wasn't perfectly informed. My bad.
That's okay, I appreciate the clarification. That's why I stated in my previous post that I really had no idea, I was attempting to be helpful but wanted to be clear it wasn't my link and I do not own one.

Latest posts