• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello!

puffmtd

3 Year Member
Wanted to say Hi and thank everyone for all the information I've gathered lurking here for the last few days. I've always been interested in tarantulas but was only familiar with what I've seen in the pet stores and after it rains here in West Texas. Well, today I ordered a Avicularia urticans and a Brachypelma smithi (I hope those are right). I've also ordered, what I hope, are all the supplies that I need to get off to a good start. Thanks again for all the information. I look forward to learning and hopefully contributing to the forum.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wanted to say Hi and thank everyone for all the information I've gathered lurking here for the last few days. I've always been interested in tarantulas but was only familiar with what I've seen in the pet stores and after it rains here in West Texas. Well, today I ordered a Avicularia urticans and a Brachypelma smithi (I hope those are right). I've also ordered, what I hope, are all the supplies that I need to get off to a good start. Thanks again for all the information. I look forward to learning and hopefully contributing to the forum.
Hello
Like your attitude,very nice first choices hope all goes well. Please feel free to keep us updated,or contribute in any way you feel comfortable.

Logan D

3 Year Member
welcome to the forum awesome ts you will love them

puffmtd

3 Year Member
Thanks for the welcome folks! Good news....I got a shipping notice a few minutes ago and now I'm twice as anxious for them to get here. I'll update when they arrive and maybe learn how to post pictures in the meantime.
Mike

puffmtd

3 Year Member
They arrived a couple of days ago and I've got them settled in their new homes! The Avic is about an inch and a quarter and beautiful. She looked around a little and then started weaving a nice little perch in the top of the enclosure and has pretty much parked there.
The Smithi started clearing out a spot in the substrate between the cork bark hide and the enclosure. Once he got that done, he carried what he had dug out and piled it all over the top of the cork bark and now has a nice little den going for him. He is about 3/4" and a lot of fun to watch going about his construction.
So far, I've thoroughly enjoyed watching them and maybe, just maybe, looking to acquire another one. I can see where this could get habit forming.

Latest posts