• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hello!

ladymarcelene

hi all! this is my first time on a forum and i’m super excited to be starting out! i got my first tarantulas two months ago and am already in love with the hobby :) here’s my babies!
4EE6951C-9662-4EB3-93B5-CB6A0A83F7E2.jpeg
D0214BE3-7265-4AF7-A799-D35000BA70B9.jpeg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
hi all! this is my first time on a forum and i’m super excited to be starting out! i got my first tarantulas two months ago and am already in love with the hobby :) here’s my babies!View attachment 44506View attachment 44508
Hi and welcome to the forum :). Great bunch of people on here. Always happy to help and welcome other enthusiasts.
Nice A.seemani and P Metallica :)

Seamus

3 Year Member
hi all! this is my first time on a forum and i’m super excited to be starting out! i got my first tarantulas two months ago and am already in love with the hobby :) here’s my babies!View attachment 44506View attachment 44508

Hi welcome to the forum from my experience the people on here are great really helpful
Jumping in at the deep end I see with your p Metallica beautiful spider but lightning quick
Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:

ladymarcelene

Hi welcome to the forum from my experience the people on here are great really helpful
Jumping in at the deep end I see with your p Metallica beautiful spider but lightning quick
Enjoy
don’t have to tell me twice! in fact, about a month ago she was in a common acrylic box enclosure (which was a huge pain because she loves to sit at the top AND bolts any time something happens. I was spraying water into her enclosure when she bolted and i panicked and closed it, so she ended up having a pedipalp cut off :( i was absolutely HEARTBROKEN and immediately ordered her a new enclosure which she is getting used to now, but i’ll never question her speed again! here’s the new enclosure :)

Attachments

• C1F87319-DAB6-406E-8E2D-A6E0F8B0BD48.jpeg
    C1F87319-DAB6-406E-8E2D-A6E0F8B0BD48.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 7152E940-D796-4AF3-9A4B-28B927DE9E25.jpeg
    7152E940-D796-4AF3-9A4B-28B927DE9E25.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8

Seamus

3 Year Member
Looks fantastic should settle really well in there. I have same problem when spraying her enclosure she reacts like lightning. Also I found out that feeding her from my tweezers wasn't the brightest idea as she ran straight up them. My heart was in my mouth

ladymarcelene

Looks fantastic should settle really well in there. I have same problem when spraying her enclosure she reacts like lightning. Also I found out that feeding her from my tweezers wasn't the brightest idea as she ran straight up them. My heart was in my mouth
Oh my GOD I don’t know what I would’ve done! After the spraying incident I found that I could spray through the ventilation holes and that ended up working really well because I could choose exactly where I wanted the water to land (which is extra helpful since I chose not to give her a water bowl yet).

Seamus

3 Year Member
Good idea I now place a cut off cordial bottle over her cork tube to stop her running up. I just cut bottom off and use top half for covering and also its very handy for re housing ts

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This is one reason I like the tanks with doors that slide up so they open at the bottom and you can use tongs to do maintenance and filling the water bowl is easy too without the risk of an arboreal T making its escape.

Latest posts