• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello Im superpetguy1 and this is mumboe-jumboe

superpetguy1

3 Year Member
terantula pet.jpg
he sure is a big one! but anyway, hello terantulas and humans as well ;) I am a totally new to terantulas but have had many exotic pets that I see in zoos too XD. I was wondering does this dude ahem(cough) thing look like a male or female? thanks in advance It dosnt matter much because my dad or mom would never get me another one for breeding.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome!

We would definitely need a clearer and likely more close up pic to even begin attempting to ventrally sex this one.

superpetguy1

3 Year Member
But here are some things that a website said to watch: black fur, shell thing on back is not pinkish it dull, very furry XD, huge, and is making a burrow faster than I can type... Let me go get a glass of water XD get it?

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
But here are some things that a website said to watch: black fur, shell thing on back is not pinkish it dull, very furry XD, huge, and is making a burrow faster than I can type... Let me go get a glass of water XD get it?
That Info is inaccurate. G rosea do not display sexual dimorphism prior to maturity. However, being purchased from a pet store it is very likely you have a wild caught specimen, and judging by size, may well be female.