• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello From VA!

KhaleesiMae

3 Year Member
Hey all! My name is Mae and I just got my first two little babies! One is a Pink Toe and the other is a GreenBottle Blue. I've done a LOT of research but it never hurts to learn from others as well! I have always wanted to try my hand at tarantulas as I've kept other bugs like mantids, and have always been around snakes and lizards, but this is something new and exciting to me! My babies are still very small, eating only one little cricket at a time, but they're very cute and very active! I hope to get to know all of you well and I gain a wealth of knowledge about these amazing little creatures so they can grow up and thrive under my care!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Mae, welcome to the hobby. I'm sure you'll soon buy more:).

KhaleesiMae

3 Year Member
Thats what I'm worried about, they're such an easy and gorgeous pet. They don't require much and there are so many variations and colors.

KhaleesiMae

3 Year Member
I love the little pink toe. I opened up the container though and it looked at me like "excuse me????" And hid. The GBB on the other hand is like "hey what's up?!"

KhaleesiMae

3 Year Member
Proud to say my GBB "Pico" ate its first meal with me this morning. The pink toe "Octa" is about to molt so no food for it since it doesn't want to eat. I'm so happy because Pico went right for the cricket with no hesitation at all and I got the right size (so hard to get crickets when they're this size) so it's being gobbled up as I type this. Yay!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's always a great feeling when a new T takes its first meal with you.

Gemini Dickens

3 Year Member
Hey all! My name is Mae and I just got my first two little babies! One is a Pink Toe and the other is a GreenBottle Blue. I've done a LOT of research but it never hurts to learn from others as well! I have always wanted to try my hand at tarantulas as I've kept other bugs like mantids, and have always been around snakes and lizards, but this is something new and exciting to me! My babies are still very small, eating only one little cricket at a time, but they're very cute and very active! I hope to get to know all of you well and I gain a wealth of knowledge about these amazing little creatures so they can grow up and thrive under my care!
Welcome,hopefully you will enjoy as much as I do....

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Proud to say my GBB "Pico" ate its first meal with me this morning. The pink toe "Octa" is about to molt so no food for it since it doesn't want to eat. I'm so happy because Pico went right for the cricket with no hesitation at all and I got the right size (so hard to get crickets when they're this size) so it's being gobbled up as I type this. Yay!
If u think a cricket is a little too big u can prekill it. they will usually still take it. And welcome by the way. :) i am from maryland.

KhaleesiMae

3 Year Member
For Pico I think he's fine on the crickets but I didn't even think about a prekill!!! Awesome idea. For Octa I'm slightly worried about the cricket size so I may do that.

KhaleesiMae

3 Year Member
Quick question: Out of sheer curiousity, I dropped a tiny cricket into the pink toe's viv and now its munching away happily. The guy I got it from said it was going to molt soon and it wouldn't eat. Does that mean it won't molt soon or do they really just vary?

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It varies. ive had them eat and then molt that night. or refuse food for like 2 months and then molt.

Latest posts