• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from SW Virginia

kayakguy

3 Year Member
Howdy all,

Per the forum suggestions, allow me to introduce myself...

I hail out of the Appalachian Mountains in SW Virginia and occasionally Bocas del Toro, Panama. I have been into all things nature from birth but especially bird watching, herps, and spiders. However, I have only kept a few tarantulas (mostly Cobalt Blues) in my life and that has been a few years.

I am considering jumping back in and am just amazed at how very far the hobby has come! The available species makes my head spin. I love the low maintenance aspect of keeping Tarantulas and I know I will go a bit overboard if I get started.

I have kept many, many reptiles including some hot species, dart frogs, chameleons, and multiple reef tanks. So I am no stranger to delicate species.

So far I have my eyes on P. Metallica, and Green Bottle Blues, and lord knows what else, they are all so beautiful. I am scrolling the web for the best breeders, so feel free to make recommendations on that.

So there it is. Hello!

Wg25

3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! :) It is crazy how many awesome species are available today!
I see you like blue tarantulas haha man they are absolutely gorgeous. The gbb and P.metallica are both awesome tarantulas!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome. There are so many beautiful Ts to tempt you, I'm sure you'll soon have loads.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome! for breeders i recommend Ken the bug guy, Jamies tarantulas, and net-bug.net. I've ordered from those 3 and received exceptional service. For a 're' starter i'd suggest the GBB. One of the most beautiful out there i think and fun to raise :)

kayakguy

3 Year Member
Thanks for the welcomes and the leads on reputable dealers. Might have to order some of Jamie's small cages for slings. I have never done the sling thing before. I always got my Ts a little bigger if not full grown. But it seems like that is what folks are doing now. I would still like to go for 1-1.5" though rather than 1/4 and 1/2 like some I am seeing.

Latest posts