• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello From FL

Eevul

3 Year Member
I had a rose hair from a big box store a few years ago...Rose lived about a year before she passed away.

November I got an LP sling from the Tampa Repticon. He's... a beast, compared to Rose. Never seen such a voracious eater. With Rose, I'd be lucky to catch her eating a cricket. Tiny is munching on them in the time it takes me to drop a cricket in and turn my back for the camera.

And today, against my SO better judgement, my Cobalt blue .5inch sling arrived. Looking forward to seeing him poke out from his burrow once in a blue moon, and respecting his speed and want to be left alone.

And, to complete the trifecta with one of the biggest, and one of the fastest, I'd like to get one of the prettiest, a Purpurea.. but these appear to be rare these days.

I will hopefully keep all the molts to display, and since I got my SO a baby bearded dragon and they share some of the same food, I'm considering growing meals worms or Discoids.

Attachments

• 20160107_232033.jpg
    20160107_232033.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • 20151116_154947.jpg
    20151116_154947.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 20151231_145641.jpg
    20151231_145641.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awesome! welcome to the forums!
Which end of FL are you in? Lived in the P'cola area (Milton actually back when it was small lol)
for many years ;p

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm assuming maybe the Tampa Bay area, since he mentioned buying from the Tampa Bay repticon. I'm kinda hoping so, cause it'd be really cool, but either way it's nice to hear from a fellow Floridian on these boards. I'm in the Tampa Bay area myself.

Eevul

3 Year Member
I'm currently in Clearwater, the Pinellas side of Tampabay. I grew up in the panhandle, around Cottondale/Marianna/Chipley though.. And hello neighbor Chubbs =)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome. LPs are great feeders, really enjoying their food.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm currently in Clearwater, the Pinellas side of Tampabay. I grew up in the panhandle, around Cottondale/Marianna/Chipley though.. And hello neighbor Chubbs =)
Ah, I was way over just east of Pensacola, Milton, Pace, Pea Ridge area :p

leaveittoweaver

3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! Love LP'S! I have two.

A.Purpurea is actually available pretty often these days! I got a sling for $40. They are sloooow growers though in my experience, but I love mine!

Eevul

3 Year Member
Apparently my google-fu is lacking...may I ask where you purchased yours Leaveittoweaver?

SasyStace

3 Year Member
I had a rose hair from a big box store a few years ago...Rose lived about a year before she passed away.

November I got an LP sling from the Tampa Repticon. He's... a beast, compared to Rose. Never seen such a voracious eater. With Rose, I'd be lucky to catch her eating a cricket. Tiny is munching on them in the time it takes me to drop a cricket in and turn my back for the camera.

And today, against my SO better judgement, my Cobalt blue .5inch sling arrived. Looking forward to seeing him poke out from his burrow once in a blue moon, and respecting his speed and want to be left alone.

And, to complete the trifecta with one of the biggest, and one of the fastest, I'd like to get one of the prettiest, a Purpurea.. but these appear to be rare these days.

I will hopefully keep all the molts to display, and since I got my SO a baby bearded dragon and they share some of the same food, I'm considering growing meals worms or Discoids.

Welcome to the Forum- those are some true beauty's

MiaWolf42

3 Year Member
Welcome. I can't wait for the Repticon show at the end of the month. Mealworms, super easy to grow. I feed them as treats to my bearded dragon.