• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Central PA

FuzzyFangs

3 Year Member
Hi there .... My name is Kerry and I'm from the Central part of Pennsylvania, near Penn State University.

I'm a brand new tarantula owner, or, well soon to be (in about an hour). I'm buying a pink zebra beauty from my local pet shop and I can't be more excited. I've been researching tarantulas obsessively for the past two weeks, and I was happy to discover a PZB was available locally.

They believe it is a female and they've had it a "few" years. To me, and I'm not expert, it looks to be about 5-inches.

I'm purchasing a medium size critter keeper, eco-earth for substrate, a commercial halved log for a hide and a water dish. I plan to place clean river stones in the water dish.

I think I'm set, right? Any help, tips ... whatever, for a beginner would be most appreciated.

Stoked to get my T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PamCz

3 Year Member
AWESOME FIRST T! These are easy to care for and cry docile, typically. Good eaters, too.

I would very much recommend the Tarantula Keeper's Guide for any new T keeper. It's really full of excellent, helpful info. It'll tell you exactly how to care for your T (a terrestrial), as well as arboreals, burrowers and swamp dwellers. Lots more, too. Can find it online easily at Amazon. I sound like a broken record, recommending this book to everyone, but it is THAT helpful.

Welcome, and good to have you on the forum! :D

Latest posts