• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello fellow tarantula lovers.

Dan

3 Year Member
Hi guys. I am Dan and I'm about to get my first tarantula. I'm going to go for a grammastola rosea as I've heard they are usually good temperament wise. I have ordered a tank off the internet and I've already prepaired my substrate. I am very excited about becoming a tarantula owner and I am glad to've found this website as it'll be nice to share some photos with you once I get my tarantula and i'll definitely enjoy reading all of your posts and looking at all of your photos. that's all really, thanks guys :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Dan and welcome. I would suggest you get a Brachypelma albopilosum or smithi as they are much more even tempered than G. rosea, which can be moody and have a tendency to stop eating for quite long periods.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi guys. I am Dan and I'm about to get my first tarantula. I'm going to go for a grammastola rosea as I've heard they are usually good temperament wise. I have ordered a tank off the internet and I've already prepaired my substrate. I am very excited about becoming a tarantula owner and I am glad to've found this website as it'll be nice to share some photos with you once I get my tarantula and i'll definitely enjoy reading all of your posts and looking at all of your photos. that's all really, thanks guys :)
Yeah G.rosea can be moody and the fasting thing can be very frustrating, particularly for beginners. I'm also going to suggest Brachypelma albopilosum or smithi. Much more even-tempered, not to mention great appetites.

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Hi Dan and welcome. I would suggest you get a Brachypelma albopilosum or smithi as they are much more even tempered than G. rosea, which can be moody and have a tendency to stop eating for quite long periods.
+1 Agree with Enn. ( or, " yes, what she wrote".)
Welcome to the forum and hobby.