• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello! :D

WiseWarrior

3 Year Member
Hello. I'm Jeff, and I've owned a G. rosea, Yoshi, for seven years. (I'm 19 now) She's only 4", and is the sweetest thing ever. She rarely ever goes into a threat posture, but always wants to investigate things. Like if I need her to move and gently touch her abdomen she turns around to see what's going on. Not too helpful in getting her to move, but it's very cute LOL!

This inspired my parents to get G. roseas too. My mom got an older (And enormous) G. rosea named Mr. Sally. We've had her for three years, but she's probably at least ten. My dad got a medium sized G. rosea less than a year ago named Marie.

I've decided to get a second tarantula, and while initially being interested in a B. smithi, after realizing they're out of my price range, (A female, anyway) I went to a local pet store that had gotten great reviews and fell in love with a female B. albo. I'll hopefully be picking her up in a few days, and plan on naming her Sophie.

I've always loved spiders, ever since I was young, and used to collect them when I was a kid. I went to a pet expo when I was 12, saw some G. roseas for $8, and chose the plumpest one. :p And that's how I got Yoshi. :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being a member here!

Latest posts