• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello all

Legolas

3 Year Member
Hello all,

New to the forum and i guess you can say the hobby. I got into the hobby some time last year and have been building my tarantula pet collection based upon species that i like so far. Tarantulas that i have thus far are aphonopelma chalcodes, cylosternum fasciatum, pterinochilus murinus, grammostola rosea, megaphobema robustom, haplopelma lividum, lampropelma violaceopes, grammostola pulchripes, and lastly brachypelma smithi. The first T i got was the A. Chalcodes. What was your first T?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you already have quite the collection for less than a year in! I started with a P pulcher

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi, I too have only been in the hobby for a year starting with a Pterinochilus murinus Usambra ad now have 21 with 3 more on order.

Morgan94

3 Year Member
I personally just started keeping tarantulas about a year ago but my boyfriend has been keeping them for about 20yrs.
My first tarantula(s) was 2 Lasiodora Parahybana 3 Psalmopeous Irminia and 2 Aphonopelma Hentzi.

Legolas

3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you already have quite the collection for less than a year in! I started with a P pulcher

Yes my collection has grown pretty fast, but the hobby is just so addicting, theres just so many tarantulas to adore

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes my collection has grown pretty fast, but the hobby is just so addicting, theres just so many tarantulas to adore
Joining this forum is not going to help with that addiction:T:. That I promise :). Great collection. Look forward to reading your posts. Glad to have you aboard.