• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heating a tarantula

Huntzman90

3 Year Member
Thanks guys :)

I'll keep the heat pad where its at and away from the enclosures. As far as my albo goes i will leave the next feed until after she molts. Shes always got a full water dish. Unsexed by the way.. Just wishful thinking in saying she :)

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks guys :)

I'll keep the heat pad where its at and away from the enclosures. As far as my albo goes i will leave the next feed until after she molts. Shes always got a full water dish. Unsexed by the way.. Just wishful thinking in saying she :)
Optimism is always good. Keep saying she and the tarantula gods and the magic of speech are bound to make that a reality at some point in a subtle way.

AndrewClayton

Just wishful thinking in saying she
No it works lol I let my little girls name most of mine and the slings they name girl names I automatically refer to them as she and I’ve never had any them turn out male. I know it’s rubbish but that’s what I’m telling myself lol. Even one of my LPs called pinkie pie (from my little pony) I was convinced was Male just how leggy it was but yet again turned out female

Sonicookie

3 Year Member
I'm glad you're thinking about the T's safety! And thinking of the hermit crab mat is clever, since normally the main concern with a heating mat is it being too hot.

Out of curiosity, what's the story behind this T?

I hope it goes well! Don't be afraid to ask any questions you might think of.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm glad you're thinking about the T's safety! And thinking of the hermit crab mat is clever, since normally the main concern with a heating mat is it being too hot.

Out of curiosity, what's the story behind this T?

I hope it goes well! Don't be afraid to ask any questions you might think of.

I looked at the specs for it and realized it would work.

I use these on all 4 of my pokie cages, which are all 8x8x12. I tested and carefully measured the temps inside and found that it works.

The mats warm one section at the back of the cages only. Sometimes they hang out there. Other times they are in the cork bark.

The other thing with heating is to always set it up so the T can avoid it if they choose to do so.

My condo is usually between 67 to 69 degrees because I can't stand it warmer because I can't sleep. That's just too cool for these tropical creatures.

The temps inside of the cages where the mats are is usually about 82 to 84 degrees, with the other places being in the mid to low 70s.

The inside of the corkbark is about 70 to 73 degrees. I used a digital infrared thermometer to confirm these prior to introducing the tarantulas.

Latest posts