• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Half my collection molted and died

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Thistles: Yeah that's why I agree to use bottled spring water or something that is free & clear of chemicals.

@leaveittoweaver: If you don't have the extra cash to go buy water, then boiling it is probably the best bet. If not, I would try the water in the jug trick. Anything you do to help get rid of any (if not all) chemicals in the water is extremely helpful. :). I'm sure the T's will appreciate it as well.
My earlier post also says to boil. Don't get enough sun in he UK for it to de-chlorinate water. Would take 6 months.....lol ☺I have always boiled my water for misting and drinking with no issues. I keep tropical fish too but use a "tap safe" type additive for that as don't want to be boiling and cooling 40 litres of water every week.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My earlier post also says to boil. Don't get enough sun in he UK for it to de-chlorinate water. Would take 6 months.....lol ☺I have always boiled my water for misting and drinking with no issues. I keep tropical fish too but use a "tap safe" type additive for that as don't want to be boiling and cooling 40 litres of water every week.
Now that sounds like a job, lol!!!