• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

*Grumbles* Salmon PInk not in good shape

Roo

3 Year Member
This is the second time I might have lost a T after a molt. It's odd because every other T and invert I have has molted fine, more than once. But I've had two now who have molted and then don't look so hot after. One was a Rosie who passed away after her molt.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong as they are kept how they should be,

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You don't have to do anything wrong, sometimes they just aren't meant to live. And while Lp are known to be hardy, healthy spiders, as slings they seem to be a bit more delicate. I've had one die in the mail, and I seem to see a lot of threads about people losing them as babies. Don't spend too much thought on it, slings die sometimes, regardless of whether your care was excellent or not.

timc

3 Year Member
Sorry for your loss but keep in mind this species can have in excess of 2000 babies in a single sac. It sounds awful but not all of them are meant to survive. Mother Nature can be cruel.

Latest posts