• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

green bottle blue sling/juvenile enclosure???

ryanm7277

I’m a beginner and heard they can be rather quick, so would it be bad to put this little guy in an enclosure this big? I was gonna do half the substrate I normally would and put some coke bark vertically in it for webbing anchors…what do you think? Bad idea? Good idea?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26

MattB78

I’m a beginner and heard they can be rather quick, so would it be bad to put this little guy in an enclosure this big? I was gonna do half the substrate I normally would and put some coke bark vertically in it for webbing anchors…what do you think? Bad idea? Good idea?
Hey bud,

I'm not much of an expert but... I've grown a female GBB from 2 inch up to adult. She's happiest acting like an arboreal almost. My best advice is plenty of anchor points and keep it very dry with good ventilation.
Mine has never burrowed, she sheds behind her cork bark hide but other than that she's out on her web.
Usually very heavy webbers, so don't go too hard on decorations, it'll be white in weeks!!

ryanm7277

Yeah
Hey bud,

I'm not much of an expert but... I've grown a female GBB from 2 inch up to adult. She's happiest acting like an arboreal almost. My best advice is plenty of anchor points and keep it very dry with good ventilation.
Mine has never burrowed, she sheds behind her cork bark hide but other than that she's out on her web.
Usually very heavy webbers, so don't go too hard on decorations, it'll be white in weeks!!
I wound up here….it’s a sling, ate a super worm, then webbed/closed up its hide, so I think it’s good

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10