• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Got my tarantulas in!

Brendan88

I just got my new slings in and I am super excited. My B. Smithi is starting out where I can see it my T.vagans is hiding but she came flying out of the tube when I opened it into it's new home.
PXL_20210528_001351658.jpg

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Are succulents okay to but in my tarantulas enclosures?

What type of plants are you using?
You can use small ferns and many other plants. All need to be cut back if they are getting to big for your taste. Golden photos is good, as well as Nephrolepis exaltata.
Ficus pumila and F. primula grow well. I also use Peperomia caperata and all kinds of Tradescantias.
1622558671081.jpeg

Teresaisrad

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Pothos, philodendron, live moss, sansevieria, tradescantia, and ferns are great. I recommend pairing low light tolerant plants as well as making sure their water needs works well with the preferred humidity levels of your T. Like pothos and sanseveria with drier climates, and moss and ferns with more humid guys. (Pothos can really swing either way though)