• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Got a freebie.....

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
image.jpg
.....but it turned me into a hospice nurse.
I was roaming craigslist for T's, and seen "female goliath Birdeater, $100".
I bite, and see some pix, and it's obviously an adult T stirmi. I text him saying jfi it's a stirmi, and not a blondi, like he stated, AND it looks male by the pix. He didn't kno much, and I filled him in. I told him good luck w the sale, but 10 mins later he texted me back, saying he was hoping to come across someone like me. He asked if I WANTED it, the 20 gal terrarium and a bag of substrate. He is moving to Cali and wants a good home for it. Ummm, YES I said. Luckily he was amazingly 10 mins away. We meet and I get my first good look at the T.
POOR THING. It's an adult male, WAY past his prime. Obvious boxing glove pedi's, long legs and smaller abdomen. He has some miles on him. His abdomen is in bad shape. Very worn, bald, and a big lump by his spinnets. He's a big boy tho. Solid 8" at least, maybe 9. I don't think he's gonna last long, but I had to give him a Cumfy, safe home for the remainder of his life. I put him in a better suited 10 gal clean, warm tank and off to pasture.
Too bad

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just noticed this now so bear with me. Cool signature @Enn49 how did you do it? :D :D :D

My son did it for me and I'm thrilled with it. I'd been trying to work out how to make my list fit in my sig when the thread came up about not using long sigs. A forum I used to use had the facilty to do a drop down list but it wouldn't work on here so he came up with this one