• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gnats

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Dry out your enclosures. Still leave drinking water in there but move the dish to a drier location to dry out underneath it. Fly larva will be beneath it. I trap them by using a deli cup with a lid. Place some tiny holes in the top. Pour some apple cider vinegar into the cup. Place one drop of dish soap in the vinegar. The flies fly in and drown in the mixture. Just place this somewhere around your spiders enclosure or spoder room.
16532351159576596537112031291210.jpg

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Dry out your enclosures. Still leave drinking water in there but move the dish to a drier location to dry out underneath it. Fly larva will be beneath it. I trap them by using a deli cup with a lid. Place some tiny holes in the top. Pour some apple cider vinegar into the cup. Place one drop of dish soap in the vinegar. The flies fly in and drown in the mixture. Just place this somewhere around your spiders enclosure or spoder room.View attachment 66270

That's what I use. Well, regular white vinegar....pretty much any vinegar will do. :)

MBullock

3 Year Member
there are predatory nematodes used specifically for reducing fungus gnat population. i dont think they'll harm your animals, just the gnat larvae. probably quite expensive, though. i just tolerate the gnats since they're harmless and help break down organic matter and dont really hurt anything.