• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Globule

Will

3 Year Member
So I was trying to peak into my GBB's extensive burrow to see where her exuviae is that she shed two weeks ago. I can just about see it but it's going to have to stay there I think. I don't want to ruin her burrow and webbing to get it. Anyway, whilst I was looking I noticed a small white sticky looking globule/bead stuck to the Web inside her burrow, slightly smaller than a pea. Anyone got any ideas what this might be?

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Left over food perhaps? This really vary from spider to spider so could be.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So I was trying to peak into my GBB's extensive burrow to see where her exuviae is that she shed two weeks ago. I can just about see it but it's going to have to stay there I think. I don't want to ruin her burrow and webbing to get it. Anyway, whilst I was looking I noticed a small white sticky looking globule/bead stuck to the Web inside her burrow, slightly smaller than a pea. Anyone got any ideas what this might be?
not sure what it is. my son's GBB does the same thing. We have little globs of white something scattered around the enclosure. I think it's poop as it's chalky when dry. My son thought it was nematodes but under a microscope there's nothing in it. So now he thinks it's target pooping, like it's aiming at the cricket that keeps jumping away and won't let him catch it. I'll see if i can get any pics of it tonight, but like will said, they're small, like the size of a sewing pin head.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
not sure what it is. my son's GBB does the same thing. We have little globs of white something scattered around the enclosure. I think it's poop as it's chalky when dry. My son thought it was nematodes but under a microscope there's nothing in it. So now he thinks it's target pooping, like it's aiming at the cricket that keeps jumping away and won't let him catch it. I'll see if i can get any pics of it tonight, but like will said, they're small, like the size of a sewing pin head.
The white chalky stuff is tarantula poop.

Will

3 Year Member
Yeah, it's definately not that. The nearest picture I could find is the one I've attached.

Attachments

• 14 mistletoe.jpg
    14 mistletoe.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts