• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Girls on top ;)

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have to find the shelf space. The slings are coming down in price lately which makes that more feasible economically speaking.

M balfouri 1-21-18 4.jpg

That was Maxine, my very first OW species. RIP

She was still healthy when that was taken.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awww poor Maxine (great name by the Way) I'm sure you can squeeze a few more slings in there somewhere!
we are lucky here in the uk as we can always rely on @Phil to get healthy ,wonderful Ts :)

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Water wicked from her dish and probably went down to the bottom resulting in mold growth. There is no actual research into the effects of mold upon tarantulas.

Another keeper, Spiderman, who I think it's in the UK (might be wrong) lost his Singapore blue to impaction and he also had the exact same yellow mold in that enclosure as I did.

More frightening, that one was an arboreal and shouldn't have even been in direct contact with it!!

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
problem with mould is what you cant see-the spores in the air are what do the most damage I'm sure(I'm no expert!)
interesting that the mould was yellow instead of the usual whitish type we are used to seeing-due to the colour I wonder if it made it more toxic?
we will never know unless someone here works for some lab and can do some studies on mould and answer some questions!?

Latest posts