• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Getting close

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
IMG_0816.JPG
Now if this isn't a sign that a molt is close then I'm a monkeys uncle. Lol. The abdomen is a very dark black all over and it reminds me if a grape just starting to go bad. I was so excited I just had to share!!!!
Before anyone gets onto me, yes she is on my hand but that's just cuz Hubble sneezed while I was checking on her and she was next to the edge and jumped right out otherwise I wouldn't have her anywhere near my hand at this point I want her to have peace and quiet so she can get through this very stressful stage. I do have to say that I'm glad my hand was there, if not she would have landed in the floor.
Wish us luck!!

Redacted

3 Year Member
View attachment 21487 Now if this isn't a sign that a molt is close then I'm a monkeys uncle. Lol. The abdomen is a very dark black all over and it reminds me if a grape just starting to go bad. I was so excited I just had to share!!!!
Before anyone gets onto me, yes she is on my hand but that's just cuz Hubble sneezed while I was checking on her and she was next to the edge and jumped right out otherwise I wouldn't have her anywhere near my hand at this point I want her to have peace and quiet so she can get through this very stressful stage. I do have to say that I'm glad my hand was there, if not she would have landed in the floor.
Wish us luck!!
Yup. Fixin' to bust like a ripe melon. Good luck. Also, I'm not one to judge handle-no handle. Your call only.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
View attachment 21487 Now if this isn't a sign that a molt is close then I'm a monkeys uncle. Lol. The abdomen is a very dark black all over and it reminds me if a grape just starting to go bad. I was so excited I just had to share!!!!
Wish us luck!!
agree with @MassExodus and @Walter1 i've been known to "make things happen" just so i could hold some of my smaller ones ;) you raise them and handle them as you wish, it's part of the joy of having them.

Good luck with the molt! looks like it could be any day now.

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
I've heard that messing with them so close to a molt can really do some damage and that's the last thing I want.
Oh yea I hold the little booger quite often especially after I got to know her personality. I have decided on a name even though I'm no where near knowing the sex (I want a girl sooooo bad). Based on her personality I'm gonna call her Sweetie cuz she is SO tolerant and sweet. I know I have pestered the heck out of her and all she's done is flick hairs. I mean I did so many housekeeping things at once with her I deserved a bite.

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
After 2 weeks of waiting she finally molted. She is starting to get her colors in already. Does anyone know at about what instar G. Pulchra's start turning black on their legs and carapace? She was supposed to be 2nd instar when she was shipped.

Anyway the 1st pic where the she is sitting in the wet spot was taken on the 4th and the other one is from last night. Can y'all see the difference?

She burrowed on the 12th and I found her yesterday under a tiny cup I put in for a makeshift hide. I had to look about 10 times cuz I thought she was dead cuz her color looked funny then I realized that in that short amount of time she sneaked off and molted so I started looking for the excuvum and realized there was a tiny burrow that went half way to the bottom. Needless to say I never found it.
IMG_0810.JPG
IMG_0608.JPG

Latest posts