• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gel bate for roaches

tarantulas

I have a quick question. I received a letter from property management where I live, and all buildings are required to have an exterminator enter each unit to gel bate for roaches. Will it harm my tarantulas, or do I need to move them somewhere for a few hours? Thank you!

x_raphael_xx

Gel bait will just be a poisoned food to attract the roaches to eat it.
The only danger would be if a poisoned pest roach got into an enclosure and was eaten. But this is highly unlikely.

Its the pest gas bombs that you would have to worry about, but they tend to evacuate the occupants for a day or two.

They are probably just informing tenants in case you have a cat or dog that could potentially get at the gel

tarantulas

Gel bait will just be a poisoned food to attract the roaches to eat it.
The only danger would be if a poisoned pest roach got into an enclosure and was eaten. But this is highly unlikely.

Its the pest gas bombs that you would have to worry about, but they tend to evacuate the occupants for a day or two.

They are probably just informing tenants in case you have a cat or dog that could potentially get at the gel
Whew!! I appreciate your help. I don't want to lose my Ts, you know? Again, thank you!

Latest posts