• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

GBB sling!

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Beautiful! Mine uses her hide from time to time. she closed it in with web except for a tiny hole door she made. when she goes in it she stretches it open and it closes behind her. lol pretty neat.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yes they do :) wait till it's about 1 or 1.5" and the green/blue comes in on the legs. That's just gorgeous after a molt.

Going off of @MassExodus post, i fed my little 3/4" GBB Wednesday evening and it fell off the leaf it was webbing tackling the roach that crawled onto it from above. I agree, in terms of visciousness and pure ferocity in feeding the GBB have it hands down out of all my Ts. The A. geniculata is a close 2nd. He's the only other one i can recall right off hand i've seen roll head over tails after hitting a roach.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If you suspect a tarantula to be in premolt, you don't wanna be putting live crickets in there with it. If you're that curious, try giving it a prekilled one and dropping it in front of the sling.

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I give my GBB lots of baby rusty reds since it eats very well. All the while, some roaches manages to stay out of reach.

Now, my GBB is sitting in a web hammock and it has been there a couple of weeks already.

I worry that the roaches will disturb it, what should I do?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
see if you can get the roaches out without disturbing the spider. I've had to put a length of rough cardboard in and use it as a ramp to remove them before. lateralis won't harm the T if it molts, but they can sure annoy it ;)

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My GBB already molted a week ago but it is still staying on its webbing barely moving. Funny thing is that I can't see the roaches anymore. There used to be a trio moving around the enclo all the time.

Latest posts