• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

GBB rehousing :)

Tyronne

3 Year Member
She moulted about a week ago, and fed vigorously after 5 days. Decided to do the rehousing after she had finished to make sure she was healthy. She was previously in an aboreal type setup with fake leaves as the pet shop sold it to me -.- The transfer went smoothly. A tad skittish getting her out, but she was completely docile getting her in the new setup. Walked nice and slowly, and her colours are amazing btw! :) I'll post back after some epic webbing has taken place.

The last pic is my entire collection of 3. GBB, Fireleg, Versi. All on top my beardie terrarium :p

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Tyronne

3 Year Member
I promised feedback for the webbing. And here it is :)

Attachments

• DSC_0152.jpg
    DSC_0152.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0153.jpg
    DSC_0153.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0154.jpg
    DSC_0154.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 32

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
The enclosure is nice. But you still have that GBB set up as an arboreal. It needs more length than height. If you don't have a different enclosure at least double the substrate.

This seems to be a common problem. Terrestrial tarantulas will climb AND fall. When they fall they can get hurt. You can minimize this by adding more substrate.

The top of the substrate to the top of the enclosure should not exceed the tarantulas legspan.

pokie99

3 Year Member
Some people use it like in the flower pots. If the substrate gets too wet, the excess water will drain down the pebbles. This also serves as a water reservoir when it gets too dry. The water will be absorbed by the substrate and it will get moist again or the water will evaporate and moisten the sub. if there are a lot of pebbles. I don't really use this technique because I find it unnecessary for my Ts.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello
With GBB I keep the substrate dry,and add a water dish. With my GBB,lots of Substrate doesn't do the trick like with so many other specimens. I agree with the semi arboreal statements,mine will stay on the ground 60-70% but will web upwards.

They will also spend time on the webs that are elevated,I just avoid sharp objects etc. Care for these are simple,Substrate(dry) water dish and a hide if need be but mostly they create their own nests.

Tyronne

3 Year Member
GBB are semi-arboreal. With the amount of webbing she has done now all over the show, she will simply fall into her web. In fact there is no more place to fall with the amount of webbing everywhere. She does however prefer to hide in her ground level tunnel. The bottom pebbles is vermiculite, it prevents water at the bottom from going stagnant. I designed a new lid with a mesh to fit the enclosure so she gets a lot more ventilation now. I don't have a water bowl but a do a very light web misting every 2 days. It evaporates pretty quickly. She is very active and always wondering around doing some spot webbing etc. So she must be happy :)

Latest posts