• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

GBB enclosure size?

Hi.
I have a juvenile/Sun adult GBB baught unsexed. That suspect is a male, but this molt the abdomen seems to still be bigger and spand at least half the abdomen, wearas last monlt the abdomen was tiny less than a third of the back legs. So I won't be surprised if this turns out to be female.

So on the assumption that this maybe Female would a 15x15x15 be good as an adult enclosure?
. As I am hoping to have a planted enclosure, with moss and such.
What plants can be Reccomend for them?

As far as I know the GBB doesn't get too big.
He has a Cork hide that has been webbed into a tunnel entrance, an seems to be out a fair bit, so would like something bigger as the enclosure is a 8x10inch faunarium and was maybe 2.5inch, but has since doubled in size.
As I'd like to have planted enclosures, would want time to establish this. Also will be bio-active, as all my spider's/slings are.
Some are still too small for plants.. Not found NY small enough for the vials and raising cubes.

Fake plants are best. Live plants would require more moisture than Chromatopelma cyanopubescens prefers and succulents would require bright light.
Use silk or plastic plants.
I will nt be using succulent plants, was thinking more along aitlr plants and say those star plants an such, ones that won't get too big.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
you csn put in anything you want that doesn't require moisture (GBB doesn't like moisture in substrate even as slings)but likely in time will get webbed solid and you wont see it.I arrange decor based on my vision how it will look with web on.I use cork bark and fake plants but don't see any of them only web.lol
Regards Konstantin

Frogdaddy

3 Year Member
I will nt be using succulent plants, was thinking more along aitlr plants and say those star plants an such, ones that won't get too big.
Are you talking about Tillandsia sp. and Crypanthus sp. ? No. They require high humidity and as Konstantin has said they will be webbed over.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Everything will be webbed...dont waste the time and money on real plants.
20200719_200432.jpg
There's a half dozen plants you cant even see anymore in there.
20210106_224507.jpg

Latest posts