• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G rosea help fast please

khatchet

3 Year Member
MY G rosea that I got a few month ago needs help. It white moldish looking lines on in prosoma. I have moved it away from my other tarantul. But i want to know is there anything i can do. Also the line are thin and only seeable under light. I have no camra that can pic them up. PLEASE HELP

khatchet

3 Year Member
I have changed here cage now and I do kepp here with freash water i over flow it ever 3 day 2 times then let it dry out and begain agian. She is fasting tho has for the 3 month i have had here but that is normal for roseas right. Also thank you for the link and reply

khatchet

3 Year Member
She is doing alot better it went away when i changed the cage. I did it when i first got her about three month ago to but i guess for her cage ill do it about ever two month to avoid this happening again.

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
I would stop overflowing the water dish all together. There is no need for it and can lead to mold. It is recommended to keep roseas bone dry with a water dish present. Adding moisture anywhere else will do nothing but harm.
What type of cage is it in? It may not be getting enough ventilation either. Mine have a completely screened top. It gives them plenty of ventilation. I never add extra moisture to their cages either and they are doing exceptionally well.

khatchet

3 Year Member
Thank you ill just keep the dish for the humitdty tho if it doesnt need over flowed

TheGreatWhiteKoos

3 Year Member
Yes, no overflowing of the water dish. I keep my female G.Rosea on dry substrate with the humidity round about 60-65% and she is absolutely fine...And might I add that she has not fasted once in nearly 2 years...