• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Freebie?

coffee_nebula

So I decided to get a 2in Brachypelma albiceps as my first tarantula. My order from 03Arachnids has unfortunately been delayed to next week, but it will apparently include a freebie for the inconvenience. I've seen reviews where people say they got slings as freebies... Does this mean I'm getting an unexpected baby spider?? That's kind of exciting, but I was not prepared for this possibility.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How exciting! I'll have to prepare a little enclosure. Hopefully it's a new world species that's easy to care for... I don't know if I could handle an old world!
You can message the seller about the freebie and tell him your a new keeper. Hes a good guy...I'm sure he will send you something not evil. :T:

coffee_nebula

You can message the seller about the freebie and tell him your a new keeper. Hes a good guy...I'm sure he will send you something not evil. :T:

Thanks for the advice! I messaged him earlier about a potential weather-related shipping issue and he was understanding, but I wasn't sure I wanted to bother him again. I mean, it seems like bad form to question a free gift haha. But I'll ask so I at least know what I'm in for!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If you're not prepared for a freebie, it's very reasonable to ask what you should do to prepare. Little bit of loner it demonstrates that you're being responsible and proactive.

coffee_nebula

If you're not prepared for a freebie, it's very reasonable to ask what you should do to prepare. Little bit of loner it demonstrates that you're being responsible and proactive.
You're right of course- I got over my apprehension and sent an email.

I was only planning to get one tarantula, but I'm excited to watch the little sling grow!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Used speech to text and didn't proofread - I don't even know what I said there lol

You're right of course- I got over my apprehension and sent an email.

I was only planning to get one tarantula, but I'm excited to watch the little sling grow!
Nothing wrong with wanting to be ready. Good luck with your new Ts!