• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Found this in my Dubia Colony and Albino

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
I was taking Martin Oosthuysen's advice and using Oatmeal as my substrate and I found this among the colony I thought it was neat. I wonder if I hang onto it and find get an Albino male if i can raise an albino Colony. or are the albinos sterile?

Albino Dubia Front.jpg
Albino Dubia Top.jpg

hellknite

3 Year Member
Found the same in my colony then I didn't touch it. The next day I never found it. Maybe it's a newly molted one I guess. Don't they molt too?

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
I have to ask,for the T's as well ? There I don't substitute,I use bottled water when possible or tap water. With smaller slings to avoid drowning,I put pebbles in.

I use them with my T's as well, not a single drowning. then stick drink from it and it prevents the retarded crickets from drowning in the water.

hellknite

3 Year Member
I was reviewing this thread and found out that you used oatmeal as substrate. Do I really need to put a substrate on my dubia colony.. sorry I'm new in this forum... I just use egg trays for my dubia..
uploadfromtaptalk1410225019503.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1410225037005.jpg

littlelegs

3 Year Member
HI 2G33K4U, don't feel like the lone ranger. I was SO excited when I first found an albino Dubia when I started my colony and made everyone look at it. I got suspicious when my "albino" disappear overnight and would pop up again, but looking a bit different each time.
Has as anyone found their dubs to be excessively fond of baby carrots? Cucumber and watermelon are popular, but the carrots
disappear overnight. Also, can anyone rec a more economical but still safe water gel alternative to calcium-free Flukers; a hobby-related small business product supplier would be great. Thanks in advance for your input!

hellknite

3 Year Member
Substrate is a choice,but I've found oatmeal works well. Its used as substrate, and the specimens can eat it as well. So it's a plus,and also a personal choice not a must.

Thanks.. I'm gonna try that too.. but gonna watch out for parasites... I tried using crushed corn on lateralis.. it worked out well out well at the start but then beetles took over... again thanks for the information..

Latest posts