• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Finally get to see the old molt!!

Calico

3 Year Member
Well, Cal finally did some housecleaning today and pushed out the molt from June! It is a bundled up hot mess with pieces missing. Still some of it left in the opening of the burrow and when I touched to see if it was molt or actual tarantula, I pulled out a leg. Freaked me out a little. I don't think I'm going to be able to see what sex. Any suggestions on if it is even possible?

Attachments

• 20171001_220631.jpg
    20171001_220631.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
It looks like you might be able to. Soak it in water for a few minutes and then use toothpicks to try to open the abdomen area of the molt. Let it dry a bit and get some pictures focusing between the first set of book lungs. If that area is intact and your T is big enough you should be able to tell.

Calico

3 Year Member
It looks like you might be able to. Soak it in water for a few minutes and then use toothpicks to try to open the abdomen area of the molt. Let it dry a bit and get some pictures focusing between the first set of book lungs. If that area is intact and your T is big enough you should be able to tell.

I was able to open it up. Not sure if it is good enough to tell. Hoping
20171002_082511.jpg
20171002_082859_001.jpg
a more experienced eye can.