• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

finally arrived

kaz

3 Year Member
lookie what came yesterday!! Tapinauchenius violaceus and T.gigas

Tiny:
WP_20151124_026.jpg

WP_20151124_032.jpg

had to take him out his little enclosure today. Branch started growing mold despite boiling then baking. Was no easy task, super fast little fella!! His new setup turned out sweet!!

WP_20151125_024.jpg

And the T.gigas, really decent price and size was unexpected!! Here's his enclosure and the fella himself (thinking him)......

Last edited:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Great new additions. Feeding time will be fun, I'm sure my violaceus grab the crickets before they ever touch their webs.

kaz

3 Year Member
Have tempted the T.gigas with a cricket, still no takers!! Forgot to mention my luck this week. My little bro asked me what I wanted for Christmas.....so you can imagine the only thing I could think of!! I sent him a link to the spider shop expecting him to laugh it off! Instead got a reply telling me an Avicularia sp. "Colombia" will be arriving tomo. " Nice one little brother". Lol

khatchet

3 Year Member
I wish I could get tarantula as present that easy. I think my girl friend is getting my a B. smithi though. After that being all I have asked for for years.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ha certainly was unexpected. Still havnt gotten over the excitement from the new arrivals yet. I'm unprepared for more.

I'm sure you'll cope lol. Just enjoy the euphoria :T:

how exciting, I look forward to your post...if your posting of course...no pressure lol

Of course I'll post. It was posted out Monday so I expected it today but nothing so I just hope it comes tomorrow.

kaz

3 Year Member
Shame. Thats cool you may be getting one this time round haha. To be honest
khatchet it was rather unexpected. My family doesn't quite understand my fascination with them, think I'm crazy probably for owning 2 or 3 let alone what will now be 10. I was expecting the whole "a spider for Christmas...are you for real. Why not something like clothes or jewellery, you know like a normal person". Pmsl but then if they no me well enough by now....!!

khatchet

3 Year Member
That is how my family is, closest I can get is a petco gift card, that is good for enclosure and bedding though so not to bad. My girl friend is different though she understands how I am with tarantula. She just wishes I did not talk about them so much.

kaz

3 Year Member
haha euphoria that certainly sums it up. Hopefully it should be with you tomo. Maybe your further away from the seller than i !!! My lil ones doing quite well, although gave it a cricket which it pounced on and killed then left it!! Thought it best removed on day 2!!

kaz

3 Year Member
khatchet i totally feel you. Theres like no one im close to that i can share my hobby with. My partner finds them somewhat fascinating, buys me stuff for them and doesn't question me on how many I need. But still think hed be weirded by me if I banged on about them lol. So I do it on here with people that are equally as excited to bang on about them lol

Last edited:

khatchet

3 Year Member
That is just like mine she did not get to not having a number on how many I can have until a year in though. I feel as I am so slow to get more though, it has been for years now and I only have 5. Just can never get up the extra money to get them.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@kaz I really hope it arrives tomorrow. I'm sure yours will eat soon, probably a bit stressed from its trip.

kaz

3 Year Member
Money is usually the issue for me too. £5 or £10 for a spiderling isn't too bad its when the spiders £10 aswell as the packing. Luckily iv found a decent seller who gives good prices and low postage costs, no problems yet. If you were from the UK id give you a link!!