• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Filling the water bowl/ not seen the T drink.

Goldiesgiants

Hi guys. I hope I'm not annoying anyone by posting so much I just want to get everything right for my T.
So my juvenile A. Geniculata I got 2 days ago is my first T.
I noticed that the water bowl was half empty so I decided to fill it using a pipette.... yeah she(?) Was not happy about that. I use she at the moment but it's unsexed.
So she was nowhere near the pipette or the bowl but something must have annoyed her because she went straight for the pipette as I was pouring.
How often do I need to fill the water? Do I wait until its empty or do I fill up as I go along?
Thanks again.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's always better to ask so you can keep your T happy.
Personally I prefer to top the bowl up every few days and I have a few that will attack the pipette in the process.

Goldiesgiants

It's always better to ask so you can keep your T happy.
Personally I prefer to top the bowl up every few days and I have a few that will attack the pipette in the process.
Okay perfect. I'll check again tomorrow and make sure it's not been filled in or is empty. The shop said the A. Geniculata was skittish I still got a bit of a fright when the T attacked the pipette thanks for replying.

Noodlelove

Hi guys. I hope I'm not annoying anyone by posting so much I just want to get everything right for my T.
So my juvenile A. Geniculata I got 2 days ago is my first T.
I noticed that the water bowl was half empty so I decided to fill it using a pipette.... yeah she(?) Was not happy about that. I use she at the moment but it's unsexed.
So she was nowhere near the pipette or the bowl but something must have annoyed her because she went straight for the pipette as I was pouring.
How often do I need to fill the water? Do I wait until its empty or do I fill up as I go along?
Thanks again.
I finally caught one of mine drinking out of the dish.

GarField000

3 Year Member
I always keep the water filled. With all my A.geniculata I always spray a bit more to have some moisture in the substrate but will dry the substrate fully out again.

The 'attack' to the pipet will be foodresponse. The A.geniculata are big eaters and every movement will trigger foodresponse.

Latest posts