• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding Chilean Rose

Carsten

3 Year Member
Hi,

How often should I feed my Chilean Rose? She is roughly 2 years old now and I use dubias as feeder. What is a good feeding cycle?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Cheers

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Hi,

How often should I feed my Chilean Rose? She is roughly 2 years old now and I use dubias as feeder. What is a good feeding cycle?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Cheers
Hello,
IME, I feed mine every 8-10 days. These are well known for fasting for long periods, sometimes many months. That also will have mood swings, docile then for no reason throw "threat postures". Keep substrate dry, a water dish plus a hide and all should be fine.
Happy T'ing. [emoji3]

Carsten

3 Year Member
Thanks Therasoid. Every 8-10 days even when feeding fat dubias? That's different from what they told me in the pet shop. They said once a month when feeding dubias is enough. It sounded very little to me. Don't want to starve her. :)

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Thanks Therasoid. Every 8-10 days even when feeding fat dubias? That's different from what they told me in the pet shop. They said once a month when feeding dubias is enough. It sounded very little to me. Don't want to starve her. :)
I breed B. laterlis roaches as feeders, stopped using dubia years ago. I also feed large crickets just to change up their food a bit. If its abdomen is the size of the carapace or a little larger, I feed mine on schedule. If getting too "fat", I'll space feedings out. One of my mature ones will eat once a week and she still hasn't plumped up definately no "pet rock". Lol! Same girl fasted for nearly 13 months, ate a large cricket then a week later molted, that was 20 months ago.
I have no species that I feed once a month. As long as they will eat I feed them. [emoji4] Btw, 7 are in my collection and I wouldn't trade them for the world.
7 G. rosea/porteri that is, not how many I have in the collection. Lol!

Last edited:

Latest posts