• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding after molting

Megs

3 Year Member
Hi there! Just curious as to how long I should wait to feed my son's rosea after molting. She molted a week ago and I wanted to know if it was too early to feed her? Thanks!

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Spiderlings one week, juveniles one to two weeks, adults, depending on species, two to eight weeks. Adult rosea, two or three weeks.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
She's an adult rosea so I'll give her another week or so. Thanks!
Yea, my G porteri wouldn't even go near food til 3 weeks after her molt...and she hadn't eaten before molt for months. These species do everything slow. Just keep water in there, and keep it warm n dry, and give it time.
My juvenile T stirmi is starting to get a dark abdomen, not eating and getting lethargic so hoping its molting soon. Cannot wait to see it after molt. It's about 4" now

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
I'd say at least a week, then you can try. I use a plastic syringe to drip water I'm front of them. If they attack the water, that's how I'll know they're ready. If they show no interest, ten they're likely not ready.
Ahhhhh. Great idea. Neither of my stirmi molted yet, so I was curious. Thx

Latest posts