• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fear not tarantulas

Kevin Levites

3 Year Member
Hi guys. Have you had problems with Fear Not Tarantulas? I ordered 4, one arrived dead, they are not interested in fixing it because I'm "not cooperating with them."

I called on the phone, a guy named Vlad told me to call back in an hour, and then too much time passed because I was outside the time window.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Not Savsonite

Only suggestion i can make is be a little more proactive in the future.
They're a good company, I've seen them right many wrongs, as long as you stick to their guidelines.

It's now been a day later, had you emailed them right off the beginning you would have a timestamp of exactly when something went wrong, look at it from their side.

You sent someone a tarantula, they're telling you it's dead with no proof, what would you do? Take the hit and send them a free spider? Or explain how your LAG works? (Very clearly laid out on their website by the way)

Just because you only see one person asking for a replacement, doesn't mean it's not a frequent occurrence to them. They can't just give out a free replacement to everyone that demands it, not how businesses work.

BBB won't do anything, you can try to dispute it with your bank but fear not has proof that they upheld they're end of the transaction.

You can TRY emailing them explaining the situation very calmly with no threats, they can also have you send back the spider. Though we're now a day late on their LAG so all bets are off.

Best thing you can do is walk away, if it comes up again in the future with them or another dealer, get it resolved within the first two hours and you won't be in this situation.

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
They're a good company, I've seen them right many wrongs, as long as you stick to their guidelines.

It's now been a day later, had you emailed them right off the beginning you would have a timestamp of exactly when something went wrong, look at it from their side.

You sent someone a tarantula, they're telling you it's dead with no proof, what would you do? Take the hit and send them a free spider? Or explain how your LAG works? (Very clearly laid out on their website by the way)

Just because you only see one person asking for a replacement, doesn't mean it's not a frequent occurrence to them. They can't just give out a free replacement to everyone that demands it, not how businesses work.

BBB won't do anything, you can try to dispute it with your bank but fear not has proof that they upheld they're end of the transaction.

You can TRY emailing them explaining the situation very calmly with no threats, they can also have you send back the spider. Though we're now a day late on their LAG so all bets are off.

Best thing you can do is walk away, if it comes up again in the future with them or another dealer, get it resolved within the first two hours and you won't be in this situation.
I have dealt with Fear Not Tarantulas, and they are a great company. Kevin, I'm sorry you lost one of the spiders you ordered, but like Savonsite was saying, if there's a problem, contact Fear Not Tarantulas immediately and send a photo. Tanya and the crew there are very thorough and professional. Also , if I am remembering correctly, when you buy spiderlings with their "Comlete Package" I'm pretty sure they gaurantee the animal for 30 days.

Best of luck to you.

Kevin Levites

3 Year Member
I have dealt with Fear Not Tarantulas, and they are a great company. Kevin, I'm sorry you lost one of the spiders you ordered, but like Savonsite was saying, if there's a problem, contact Fear Not Tarantulas immediately and send a photo. Tanya and the crew there are very thorough and professional. Also , if I am remembering correctly, when you buy spiderlings with their "Comlete Package" I'm pretty sure they gaurantee the animal for 30 days.

Best of luck to you.
It's 2 hours. I made first phone call within 2 hrs., and was told to call back in an hour by Vlad.

Then I was outside the 2 hr. window.

Kevin Levites

3 Year Member
No luck. Just back and forth about how I didn't send a photo when the spiderling was too small to get a good picture (I'm older, and I struggle with computers).

I was nicely conned, and there doesn't seem like a lot I can do about it.

ryanm7277

Actually, you are turning to the community for help and a s a community we could potentially help. While no one wants anything bad to happen to a business if it is in fact the customers fault for not following the LAG GUIDELINES they have in place, you could try to seek help from someone who knows how to use a computer and post pictures of the time you received the spiders from FedEx or picked them up? Also you could post pictures of the time that you called them via your cell phone bill(black out your phone number and address off the bill. And the person that helps you post that can help you post the photos of the dearly departed spider. Now this may not result in you getting a free replacement spider, and you claim may still go unanswered, but your post and story will have proof attached the post so it doesn’t happen to anyone else.

If you can’t do any of that, then it’s understandable why Fear Not Isn’t going to replace your spider and this post should be ignored. But if your can provide the proof to the community, maybe they will see this and rectify the situation to your satisfaction.

Like other have stated they don’t want to rip anyone off and are usually really good about replacements and should replace the spider. There are people out there who try to get free spiders in very disturbing ways so they do need to protect themselves and that’s why this stuff is in place.

Fear Not Tarantulas

3 Year Member
Ordered 4, had one arrive dead, company not interested in fixing it. See other post in different thread.
Greetings Kevin. I don't know of any dealer who will do a refund for a DOA when the customer refuses to send a photo. Below is the response I gave to the BBB when you sent in the complaint. They refused to publish it because you refused to provide a photo.

We have the best live guarantee in the industry, but we do have a couple of requirements for the guarantee to be in effect. These requirements are for the safety of the animals we deal with. We require customers to let us know about any problems within 2 hours of the package being ready for pickup from FedEx. Mr. Levites called our shop at 2:30 and emailed us at 3:00. The package was ready for pickup at 9:00 am and was picked up at 10:28 am. We would have needed to be alerted to any problem by 11:00 am. We asked Mr. Levites for a photo of the deceased spiderling and would have worked with him had he provided this. The spiderling he ordered was small, about 3/4", but certainly not too small to take a photo of. Everyone who sells live animals will always require proof that one was received deceased. All these things were agreed to by Mr. Levites via email when he confirmed the shipping arrangements. We have emails that are time stamped documenting all communication. We take the safety of the animals we ship very seriously. The safeguards we have in place helps ensure the receipt of a deceased spiderling is extremely rare. Our track record can be seen by looking at our reviews on our website and Facebook page. If Mr. Levites had simply provided a photo we would have been glad to work with him.

Fear Not Tarantulas

3 Year Member
Greetings Kevin. I don't know of any dealer who will do a refund for a DOA when the customer refuses to send a photo. Below is the response I gave to the BBB when you sent in the complaint. They refused to publish it because you refused to provide a photo.

We have one of the best live guarantees in the industry, but we do have a couple of requirements for the guarantee to be in effect. These requirements are for the safety of the animals we deal with. We require customers to let us know about any problems within 2 hours of the package being ready for pickup from FedEx. Mr. Levites called our shop at 2:30 and emailed us at 3:00. The package was ready for pickup at 9:00 am and was picked up at 10:28 am. We would have needed to be alerted to any problem by 11:00 am. We asked Mr. Levites for a photo of the deceased spiderling and would have worked with him had he provided this. The spiderling he ordered was small, about 3/4", but certainly not too small to take a photo of. Everyone who sells live animals will always require proof that one was received deceased. All these things were agreed to by Mr. Levites via email when he confirmed the shipping arrangements. We have emails that are time stamped documenting all communication. We take the safety of the animals we ship very seriously. The safeguards we have in place helps ensure the receipt of a deceased spiderling is extremely rare. Our track record can be seen by looking at our reviews on our website and Facebook page. If Mr. Levites had simply provided a photo we would have been glad to work with him.

Kevin Levites

3 Year Member
As I said, I'm not technologically sophisticated, and couldn't figure out how to get the camera to focus and magnify properly. I am an older person who struggles with using computers.

Bugzrule

3 Year Member
As I said, I'm not technologically sophisticated, and couldn't figure out how to get the camera to focus and magnify properly. I am an older person who struggles with using computers.
It might be easier to show that the spider is dead by taking a video of it, so you can pick it up and poke it around to show that it is not alive.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Maybe you'd be better using a simpler camera ie. a compact one. I'm much older than you and I find them very simple to use and give some great results.

Critter

Just because you only see one person asking for a replacement, doesn't mean it's not a frequent occurrence to them. They can't ju
They did want pictures, but the spider is so tiny (smaller than a tick) that I can't get it to focus in my camera.

st give out a free replacement to everyone that demands it, not how businesses work.

Not everybody that orders a spider is a crook eather I don't do well on the tech end of things do what u can next time get one some were else I can giv u some great places to order from I understand mistakes do happen

Latest posts