• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

exo in the enclosure...

~8-legz~

3 Year Member
ok so my b. smithi molted a couple weeks ago and I was hoping she would push her exo out of her hide (which is a cork log buried in sub that goes basically from the front corner to the back corner and it sits tight to the glass in the back so I can peek in once in awhile to see whats going on) but she hasn't pushed it out, she pushed it basically tight to the glass and the only way I will be able to get it out is to lift the log out of the sub and disturb what she has gotten used to and I don't want to do that because I have only had her a couple of months and she just started coming out of her hide since she molted and she darts back in any time I try to open the enclosure for feeding or watering so most likely she would be stressed by me trying to get this thing out... I know some sp. like obt will use their exo parts in their webs and its a dry enclosure so is it going to cause any issues if its in there until I can get to it without tearing apart her enclosure for it?

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
ok so my b. smithi molted a couple weeks ago and I was hoping she would push her exo out of her hide (which is a cork log buried in sub that goes basically from the front corner to the back corner and it sits tight to the glass in the back so I can peek in once in awhile to see whats going on) but she hasn't pushed it out, she pushed it basically tight to the glass and the only way I will be able to get it out is to lift the log out of the sub and disturb what she has gotten used to and I don't want to do that because I have only had her a couple of months and she just started coming out of her hide since she molted and she darts back in any time I try to open the enclosure for feeding or watering so most likely she would be stressed by me trying to get this thing out... I know some sp. like obt will use their exo parts in their webs and its a dry enclosure so is it going to cause any issues if its in there until I can get to it without tearing apart her enclosure for it?
It'll be fine. They don't seem bothered by it in the wild [emoji14]

~8-legz~

3 Year Member
I didn't figure the T would mind it being in there I just wasn't sure if it would cause mites or mold or anything else I don't want in there lol

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I didn't figure the T would mind it being in there I just wasn't sure if it would cause mites or mold or anything else I don't want in there lol
Nope the old exos don't get moldy and mites usually leave them alone.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I can't get a hold of my T. Gigas exo neither. I was going to try to sex her/him again, as although I thought I could see tiny spermatecae on her last molt, I was hoping to be able so see more (or less) this time. It'll probably be all crunched up and ripped now :(.