• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure size

Zannee2000

So I just bought my first ever T it’s a Arizona Blond and is about 2 inches right now my cage is a 8 by 8 by 8 and I’m just wondering if this is a appropriate size and how long it will last her

Attachments

• FC470718-85F7-49ED-979D-91FA13F0A192.png
    FC470718-85F7-49ED-979D-91FA13F0A192.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 6

AndrewClayton

So I just bought my first ever T it’s a Arizona Blond and is about 2 inches right now my cage is a 8 by 8 by 8 and I’m just wondering if this is a appropriate size and how long it will last her
I know what you mean when you say Arizona blonde but some species aren’t as distinguished by name so we try and use the scientific names which is aphonopelma chalcodes. The 8 inch height will be an issue but just put as much substance in as you possibly can. Being a terrestrial species you’re looking for a flat enclosure rather than tall

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I too have a Aphonopelma chalcodes, ( common names Arizona, Mexican & Desert Blonde.) It is about 3 inches & I keep it in a Komodo 24 X 17 X17 enclosure with about 10cm (4 inches of substrate in it. Where the substrate surface is the measurement in inches is about 8 inches X 6 inches with about 3 inches of headroom at the most. So it can reach the top of the enclosure with legs on the ground. It has a coconut shell shelter & has shown no signs of burrowing., but has sufficent to burrow in, should it choose to.

komodo_Plastic_Terrariums.jpg

Latest posts