• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

EDIT: Anyone near Mountain Grove, MO?? NEED HELP!!

ellie1600

Im really reaching deep for some friends in this community, here. I live in PA and my son (21) was spending the summer with friends in MI- with his collection of T's (don't ask me why- hes 21 and does not listen), however, that situation soured and he is now stranded in a hotel in Spring Grove, MI. I cannot fly him home with the T's, so I want to ship them, but due to the holiday and weekend, that would mean leaving my son in the hotel until Tuesday when Fed Ex is picking up again- which, isnt the end of the world, BUT, the hotel is booked tomorrow night!!! I was HOPING someone in that area could maybe pick them up today and ship them for us on Tuesday morning, so he can fly home today. We could pay you on PayPal for your trouble. We would have them packed, so you wouldnt need to wrangle them. My thoughts are, by keeping them out of the box as long as possible, they would have the best chance in transit. If he boxes them now, and lets them sit on the hotel counter until Tues for pick-up and Weds for delivery, we are sure to lose some- and losing ANY is unacceptable. If you have ANY other suggestions, please, dont hesitate.....

ellie1600

I messed up my earlier thread....so.....
Im really reaching deep for some friends in this community. I live in PA and my son (21) was spending the summer with friends in MI- with his collection of T's (don't ask me why- hes 21) however, that situation soured and he is now stranded in a hotel in Mountain Grove, MO. I cannot fly him home with the T's, so I want to ship them, but due to the holiday and weekend, that would mean leaving my son in the hotel until Tuesday when Fed Ex is picking up again- which, isnt the end of the world, BUT, the hotel is booked tomorrow night!!! I was HOPING someone in that area could maybe pick them up today and ship them for us on Tuesday morning, so he can fly home today or early in the morning. He has multiple T's and is NOT excited about packing them alone; normally, we handle all of the transfers together. So, I am hoping for someone who might be local (breeder or just someone in the hobby) who might be willing to help him pack them up today and prep them for shipping. We would be happy to pay you for your time. Please, no crazy people....or serial killers.

prince charmless

Im really reaching deep for some friends in this community, here. I live in PA and my son (21) was spending the summer with friends in MI- with his collection of T's (don't ask me why- hes 21 and does not listen), however, that situation soured and he is now stranded in a hotel in Spring Grove, MI. I cannot fly him home with the T's, so I want to ship them, but due to the holiday and weekend, that would mean leaving my son in the hotel until Tuesday when Fed Ex is picking up again- which, isnt the end of the world, BUT, the hotel is booked tomorrow night!!! I was HOPING someone in that area could maybe pick them up today and ship them for us on Tuesday morning, so he can fly home today. We could pay you on PayPal for your trouble. We would have them packed, so you wouldnt need to wrangle them. My thoughts are, by keeping them out of the box as long as possible, they would have the best chance in transit. If he boxes them now, and lets them sit on the hotel counter until Tues for pick-up and Weds for delivery, we are sure to lose some- and losing ANY is unacceptable. If you have ANY other suggestions, please, dont hesitate.....
Would be possible for him to rent a car?

ellie1600

I guess we got it resolved, but thank you for helping us try to think of a solution. His grandparents offered to drive the 14hrs down to pick him...and his hairy crew....and all of their legs...and drive them the 14hrs back. I still wish he could have packed them up, shipped & flew home, however, he has quite the collection of bad-ass T's & some of them we prefer to "handle" as a 2 person team. His Feather Leg Baboon got loose on us 1x already....and nearly sent the both of us into shock & forced us to move to a hotel (joking)....lol....so I understand his reservations with doing all those transfers by himself, alone, in a hotel, without all of his usual tools, catch cup, moral support, etc.