• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Drying clothes?

bookac

3 Year Member
Stupid question :)

Can the air be toxic if I am drying clothes in the same room where my Ts are ? Coz thats the only hot room in my house, because its winter :)

I know that drying clothes in the same room with human is probably not good idea, but that is not important, I am worried about my Ts..

also I know that the humidity will be higher in the room.

Thanks..

bookac

3 Year Member
I am using this for heating my room... I think it foes into a air drying, but I am not sure about the air that will emit from the clothes because of the detergents..

3558c6e2b2c76744caf8d719efab2617.jpg

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
electric dryer is no worse than an electric heater, probably better than the old baseboard heat with all the dust burning on those. Years and years ago before i was married and had my son, my roomies and I had this craphole of an apartment. We'd remove the vent hose from the dryer in the winter, cause it was running a lot with the 4 of us. Kept our heat bill low (damn those baseboard heaters) and kept it humid in the apartment. I tend to get nosebleeds from dry weather in the fall and winter, never got one the 2 years i was there :)

Gas dryer i wouldn't know, never used one.

There's not enough VOC emitted from the dryer to worry about, just another news story they did cause they had nothing better to report on.

There's a nuclear reactor test facility near here. I remember probably close to 20 years ago there was a scare and the news broadcast it for weeks because there was a radiation leak at one the smoke stacks. My dad was a safety inspector there back at the time, and one weekend when we all got together and were discussing it he just laughed. Said leave it to the news to blow things out of proportion. Those alarms go off at any amount of leakage, and there was less radiation from that stack than your typical microwave emits when you cook a tv dinner. I love how the news leaves out the facts you really need like that ;)

Latest posts